Head of Administration and Finance
As Head of Administration and Finance, I work closely with the Head of Department and Associate Heads of Department on all aspects of policy, strategic planning, development, growth and sustainability while enabling the administrative team to provide the services, resources, advice and information required for the Department's effective operation and growth.
With the support of the administrative team, I am responsible for the non-academic management and operation of the Department. This includes:
- financial management and planning
- personnel management and planning, including Athena SWAN
- research grant administration
- buildings and facilities management
- health and safety and security
- service contracts and consultancy agreements
- departmental governance
I am Chair of the Department’s Professional and Support Staff (PSS) Working Group which aims to integrate PSS into our Athena SWAN activities by organising networking and career development events.
I have worked for the University since 2002 and joined the Department of Psychiatry in 2016.