Applications will be judged against the following criteria:
- The academic achievements shown by the candidate to date, based upon their CV and references.
- The academic value of the proposed research project.
- The future academic plans, and academic potential, of the candidate.
Prize: 2 prizes of £5,000 each
Frequency: 2 awards in 2015 and 2 awards in 2016
Eligible: Applicants must hold the MRCPsych and can be at any stage of training on an Approved Psychiatry Training Scheme in the UK.
- Applicants must work in the UK.
- Applicants should submit their application - including the following - by email:
A 2-page CV including research experience, publications/presentations, career aims.
A 2-A4 page (Ariel 11 font) outline of their research project which should include the following:
- Aim of the project
- A short background as to why the topic is important
- Design and methods
- Research outputs
- How the work will enhance the applicant's career
- Justification for how the money will be spent
A letter from the Research Supervisor should be included outlining the supervisory arrangements (including name of supervisors and verifying that they have agreed to supervise the work).
- A panel convened by the Academic Faculty of the Royal College of Psychiatrists will assess and (if necessary) interview the candidates.
- As a condition of accepting the award the candidates are expected to present their work at the International Congress of the Royal College of Psychiatrists when completed.
Closing date: 31 May 2015
Submissions to: Chair, Academic Faculty
The Royal College of Psychiatrists