|Elizabeth Rapa is the LGBT+ representative on the People and Culture Committee.
Her aims are to:
1. Ensure each working group in the People & Culture Committee considers the needs of the LGBQT+ community
2. Listen to multiple points of view in order to facilitate change
3. Attend awareness and training courses to further educate herself, the committee and the wider department
4. Compile common sources of issue and formulate plans and strategies to resolve difficulties
5. Offer pragmatic but impactful changes to the research culture within the department, for example increased consideration in the format of text surrounding pronouns and the true need for gender and sex to be identified in research documentation.
6. Seek new ways of increasing dialogue, engagement and understanding between the LGBQT+ community and the department. Most recently she created a series of educational infographics that were circulated weekly throughout the Department of Psychiatry in February to recognise LGBQT+ History Month.